Sorry I am so late with this one! Life intervened and it became impossible to grab time to write.
Las month I read:
- The Winner’s Curse by Maria Rutkoski. Good YA fun, but ultimately a bit flat, especially the romance. Mini review here.
- Hot Milk by Deborah Levy. A Man Booker nominee that I thoroughly enjoyed. Sofia is a young anthropologist forced to act as carer to her emotionally abusive mother. Together they journey to Spain to seek a cure for her condition, where Sofia begins to spread her wings and strike out on her own.
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas. I finally finished this one! Review here. On the whole I enjoyed this one for its interesting characters and emotional climax, but I had some trouble staying invested in the early half, which was a bit slow.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. I devoured this book and went straight onto book two!
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. That ending! #feysand #highladyofthenightcourt
I am currently reading:
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg. I know I am late to the party with this one, but I watched Sheryl’s Ted talk recently and was inspired to pick it up.
Have you read any of these books?
Thanks for stopping by!