This is my second monthly wrap-up and I am ashamed to say that with so much going on at the moment I have not had a lot of time to read!
This month I read:
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas 4/5. This is my favourite Throne of Glass book so far. I love the interactions between Aelin and Rowan (even the arguments!). Maas shows us who Celaena really is and I enjoyed seeing her character evolve over the course of the novel.
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas 3/5. I did not enjoy this book as much as Heir of Fire, as the pacing was a little slow and I don’t like where Celaena and Chaol have ended up after all they have been through. There are some interesting side stories though.
I am currently reading:
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas. I am loving the Lorcan/Elide scenes, as well as Manon’s parts (because her story is finally going somewhere!), but on the whole I’m finding it hard to stay focused on the main story arc.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I am rereading this book for the first time as a little break from Sarah J. Maas. Fangirl is the perfect book for geeky girls and Rowell has a gift for writing excellent characters and dialogue.
I am listening to:
Life this month:
- Moving into our new home and starting to settle in as mortgage paying adults.
- Family holiday in the Blue Mountains.
Thanks for stopping by 🙂