I’ve been fortunate enough to stumble across some great blogs recently, a few a of which have recently done this list. If you get a chance you should check out these guys:
- Who is the best kick-ass character?
A lot of people have been saying Celaena Sardothien, and yes I agree that she is awesome. But for variety’s sake I will say Eugenie Markham from the Storm Born series. Rose Hathaway from VA also gets an honourable mention 🙂
- Which character do you most dislike?
This is a tough one, probably Gertrude/Trudy or Elsbeth from The Dressmaker. Both these ladies are horrible social climbers who judge everyone and torment the protagonist Tilly Dunnage.
- If you could date any fictional character who would it be and why?
Levi, because well… Levi. Mr Darcy comes in second 🙂
- If you could change a character in any way what would it be?
I would make Cath just a bit tougher, with the courage to stand up to the people who treat her badly/use her.
- What character to you made all the wrong choices that didn’t add anything to the book?
Frances from A Respectable Trade. I read this quite a while ago, but I remember the main character Frances being pretty useless on the whole. Also largely complacent in the horrible things happening around her.
- Which character was the best villain whom you love to hate?
Definitely Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter. Mr Wickham in Longbourn as a close second.
- Favourite side-kick character with the most heart?
Polly from Longbourn. The sweet and innocent maid who lives works alongside main character Sarah. Often getting herself into trouble, but always loyal to her friends.
- What is your favourite fictional romantic relationship?
I’ve only just finished this one but I have to say Eleanor and Park. Rose and Dimitri from VA are a close second though.
- What character did you think was the strongest?
Valyn from The Emperor’s Blades. If you haven’t read this series you should, it manages to maintain an excellent pace, without compromising on world-building.
- Best protagonist?
Harry, always Harry 🙂
Honourable mentions to Harper Flute from Thursday’s Child and Sarah from Longbourn.
I tag everyone who reads this, so feel free to do it if you want to 🙂